If you are coming to ALA Annual in Orlando, please consider saving the dates/times for these CJCLS programs, meetings, and fun!
Room assignments at convention center are not yet determined; keep checking the program for updates.
Saturday, June 25, 2016
- CJCLS Program (8:30 a.m.)
Academic Libraries and Open Educational Resources: Developing Partnerships.
Open Educational Resources (OER) initiatives are being widely discussed and implemented throughout higher education. Academic libraries are challenged to understand what constitutes OER, what their adoption means for faculty and students, and what the library’s role may be in supporting and promoting their implementation. Panelists will examine established OER programs with strong library connections, discuss benefits and challenges to use by students and faculty, and impacts initiatives may have on libraries and parent institutions.
- CJCLS Hot Topics Discussion Group (3:00pm-4:00pm)
Sunday, June 26, 2016
- CJCLS Committee Meetings
- Executive Committee Meeting: 8:30am-10:00am
- All-Committees Meeting: 10:30am 11:30am
- Awards Committee Meeting: 10:30am-11:30am
- Conference Program Planning – Chicago 2017 Committee Meeting: 10:30am-11:30am
- Library Technical Assistance Education Committee Meeting: 10:30am-11:30am
- CJCLS Awards Presentations and Dinner (6:00-9:00 p.m.)
Join us Sunday night at Cuba Libre Restaurant. Space is limited to 40, so reserve a seat today (and by June 1st, for certain)! Get details & RSVP at Eventbrite.